Balloon Printing Terms & Conditions
By ordering or accepting a quotation with Balloon Printing you agree to purchase goods subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Do not deliberately inhale helium. This could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs.
Seller is Balloon Printing, a part of Bonza Balloons LLP network, a registered UK company with registered number OC326746.
Buyer is the person who accepts and places an order with Balloon Printing for goods or services or whose order is accepted by Balloon Printing.
Working Day is any business weekday excluding bank holidays and weekends.
Delivery Date is the date on which the buyer would like to receive items, and agreed by Balloon Printing.
Event Date is the date the items are to be used, asked for guidance and lead time management.
Lead Times is the approximate amount of time we estimate it will take to process and deliver your order.
Design relates to any design, logo, image, text, graphic or specifications and instructions provided by the buyer for printing purposes.
Pricing and Placing an order with Balloon PrintingAll prices are quoted in pounds sterling £GBP and are subject to VAT at the current rate (20%). Prices online are usually inclusive of VAT at the current rate, we can quote with or without VAT over the phone or via email. In the unlikely event of a pricing error, stock unavailability or a change in price we will contact you using the details provided. If we are unable to make contact we will process the order or part of the order if possible, and if this is not suitable we will place the order on hold until we hear back from you. Balloon Printing cannot be held responsible for any delays due to a delay in response. Balloon Printing reserves the right to cancel from fulfilling an order in the rare event of a pricing error. All items are subject to availability, and some goods may have a slightly longer lead time. Balloon Printing will attempt to call or email using details provided in these instances. If ordering custom printed items the buyer must ensure that any designs submitted are not in breach of any third party copyrights. Any breach of copyright will be the sole responsibility of the buyer. If custom products have been selected, it is the responsibility of the buyer to submit full, correct artwork and check their order confirmation which we will send in writing to ensure the design we are instructed to print is correct. Balloon Printing cannot be held liable for any mis- printed balloons where the order has been confirmed. Colours shown and colour descriptions are for guidance only, and will show differently on screen. The colour of a latex balloon will be true once it has been inflated. We can offer a proof service to show final layout by request, if colour is used it is for illustrative purposes. We will always aim to get proofs right first time, so require all the information for your design as it does not operate as a design service. Balloon Printing reserves the right to use any overs printed for the purposes of samples or advertisement.
Payment TermsPayment is required prior to printing or sending goods. We accept debit or credit cards as well as bank transfer or cheque for registered businesses. Please note that there is a 3% charge for credit card payments. Card payments made online or with one of our customer service representatives are processed through our secure payment provider Sagepay. We can not proceed with an order unless payment has been received and lead times are applicable. Where an account has been agreed for returning customers we will require all payments within 30 days from receipt of invoice. Where there have been delays or payment has not been received credit accounts may be suspended or cancelled. If an order is placed via email or by purchase order with an accurate description, we will process the order for you. However we will not be able to consider pricing included on this and our current prices will be applied. No terms or conditions sent with any purchase orders will be able to supercede those set out in this document.
Lead Time & DeliveryLead time for printed balloons is generally 5-7 working days from payment and/or all order details, including the design, are received. For multi colour printing and orders over 500 foil or 5000 latex lead times may vary. We can offer rushed turnarounds, which may be subject to an express charge. If we are unable to cater for a rushed turnaround we can also offer Saturday delivery for an additional nominal fee. Regrettably we cannot deliver on Bank Holidays. We cannot always guarantee orders for a specific date, however we will ask for event dates to help prioritise orders and aim to. Any dates specified by Balloon Printing are approximate, and we will deliver as soon as possible. If no date has been specified by either party, items will be dispatched as soon as possible, within a reasonable amount of time, within 28 days. Where additional items are required, or non-mainland delivery is required, the correct postage must be selected. For orders to be sent overseas or for the highlands and islands of the UK, please choose an appropriate delivery option. We will not be able to proceed without this arrangement and cannot be held responsible for any delays caused in this instance. We will do our best to ensure goods ordered arrive at their destination. The Buyer must submit a complete, verified UK address. Balloon Printing cannot be held responsible for any mis deliveries or delays caused if incorrect information has been supplied. If items are returned to Balloon Printing for this reason then a redelivery charge would be applicable.
Charity DiscountWe can offer a nominal discount to registered charities who are able to provide a registered charity number. We are not currently able to offer any donations.
Faulty/ Incorrect GoodsIf you believe the goods you have received are faulty, or have been dispatched incorrectly, please contact us within 14 days. In the case of faulty items, these must be kept, with original packaging as we might ask you to submit evidence or send them back. If you believe you have received incorrect goods please contact us to arrange the return of these goods and we will send you the correct items. We strongly advise arranging proof of postage as we cannot be held liable for lost / unreceived items. Balloon Printing will either arrange, or cover reasonable costs for returns in the case of a fault or incorrect items being sent. Replacement items will be sent on a standard service or a refund will be offered upon receipt of returned goods. Refunds will be processed within 28 days of goods returned. This does not cover items which have been accidentally damaged, through misuse, neglect or general wear and tear.
Returns / Cancellations
Your right to cancel an order is subject to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 and our policy is as follows:
For non-personalised goods
Your right to cancel starts when we confirm acceptance of your order. If the Products have been delivered to you, you may cancel at any time within fourteen working days from the day after you receive the Products.
You must return the product to us as soon as reasonably possible and, in any case, within 21 days of giving written notice of cancellation. All Products must be returned in their original condition, unopened, in a re-saleable condition with their original packaging. You will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products within 14 days of receipt of the return in accordance with our refunds policy. The buyer will be responsible for returns postage and packaging and the safe return to us.
Custom Printed goods
As personalised and custom printed balloons are made to specific specifications we are unable to accept returns or offer exchanges unless goods are proved to be faulty. If you wish to amend or cancel your order once it has been placed, we advise you get in touch as soon as possible as it is unlikely we will be able to make any changes, but will try to help where possible.
Balloon Printing will not be able to compensate for any consequential loss for any reason.
Where a helium cylinder is hired from Balloon Printing, this will be subject to our specific terms of hire, which you must agree to upon when placing an order for helium hire.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an event outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or perform our obligations under the Contract despite the Force Majeure Event.
This will not affect your right to cancel the Contract in accordance with these terms and conditions and will not affect any of your statutory rights.
Other Important Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under the Contract. The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Contract, or if we do not enforce our rights against you or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
The Contract is governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of your order.
HELIUM HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Do not deliberately inhale helium. This could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs
General Terms for Helium Hire Cylinders
- By placing an order you agree to read & follow the advice given on the Safety Advice & Operational Instructions information that is provided. You need to ensure that this is made available & followed by all who will use the cylinder.
- Orders for our hire cylinders include rental for 28 days / 4 weeks. There is no reduction in price or refund for cylinders & inflators returned early or partially full within this 28 day period.
- You must return the same serial numbered cylinder you took out with us. The serial number is imprinted on the cylinder and the neck collar. If the collar is damaged or tampered with and no longer matches the cylinder rental will continue to be charged and a charge of £40 + VAT will be added to repair damage and cover costs of re-administration.
- If you would like to return a cylinder full this must be done within 7 working days of the collection date with the seal intact you will be entitled to a 50% refund on the cylinder cost (minus any delivery charges) once this has been verified with the depot / collection driver, you must inform us you wish to do this before the return / collection takes place or no refund will be given. We cannot unfortunately refund any amount for any cylinders returned full after the initial 7 working days.
- If you wish to keep your helium cylinder & inflator for longer than 28 days, we offer a hire extension rental fee charged at £7.46 plus Vat (£8.95) per cylinder & inflator per week (rental customers will be charged at their agreed rate).
- One blue filling kit will be supplied per cylinder if required for your initial order. Filling kits are supplied on a rental basis & must be returned with the cylinder when it's collected / returned. Failure to return will incur rental & replacement costs. Please ensure you check that the inflator is in perfect condition before you accept it as any inflators which are returned damaged will incur a replacement fee. We cannot offer filling kits with regular supplies, and suggest the outright purchase or rental from date of order.
- Cylinders & inflators which are lost, damaged or unreturned will incur the following replacement fees: X-Small BOC Cylinder: £105 plus Vat, Medium Cylinder: £160 plus Vat, Jumbo Cylinder: £250 plus Vat, Genie G10 cylinder £200 + VAT and Genie G20 £290 + VAT. X-small Air Products cylinders £251 + VAT, Small, Large and Extra Large cylinders will incur costs of £372 + VAT. Latex Inflator: £26 plus Vat & Universal Inflator: £30 plus Vat.
- Any additional charges you incur after your order is placed including hire extension charges, damaged, lost or unreturned cylinders & inflators, failed deliveries & re-collections will be charged at the amounts detailed here. By placing an order you agree to the charges and authorise Bonza Balloons to take your payment automatically from the credit / debit card you used at the time of order or agree to pay issued invoices within 7 working days. We are a member of Experian, and if required by placing an order you agree for your details to be used to implement a credit search in occurrences of non payment or no communication.
- The number of balloons your helium cylinder inflates is given as an approximate guide only & depends on the balloon size and quality, conditions, inflation method, allowance for wastage, leakage & over inflation.
- Do not accept your cylinder unless it has a seal on it. If you believe your cylinder to be faulty, you must contact us within 7 days from the date you collected it or accepted delivery otherwise we are unable to investigate with our supplier. Do not return your cylinder before contacting us regarding any possible fault otherwise no compensation can be offered. It will then be sent for testing.
Customers who are having Hire Cylinders Delivered
- We offer deliveries to mainland UK business addresses Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. We can not accept responsibility for failed deliveries to residential addresses & no refund will be given. You must ensure there is someone at the address to accept delivery & collection of the cylinder on the dates agreed. Charges will be made for repeat visits to deliver/collect at £18.80 +Vat.
- Deliveries & collections can take place any time throughout the working day & whilst we can request a time slot we cannot guarantee this. If we are unable to deliver on your chosen day, we will offer an alternative date.
- We advise you to request delivery of your cylinder at least 2-3 days before your event date & that on delivery you check & test the cylinder before use. Please ensure there is a blue/white seal on the cylinder before you accept it. If your cylinder is not delivered on your chosen day by 5pm, please contact us as soon as possible so we can follow this up with the driver.
- If at the end of your hire you need to change the date that your collection is scheduled, please advise us at least 2-3 days in advance. If this new collection date is within your 28 day hire period, no extra charges will apply. However if a driver attends the address on the date agreed & is unable to collect, there is a re-collection charge of £18.80 plus Vat for each visit.
- Once helium cylinders and inflators have been delivered they become your responsibility. Any losses or damages to helium cylinders or inflators will be charged at the above costs to replace. If you choose to move the helium cylinder and inflator to a different location it is your responsibility to ensure they are moved safely and are back at the place and position where they were delivered by our helium driver for collection. Any alterations to this will incur charges. It must be the same cylinder we delivered.
- When your cylinder & inflator are collected, please ensure that the driver provides you with a 'Goods Returns Supply Advice Receipt' clearly stating the date & what has been returned. It is important that you keep this document as it is your proof of return, otherwise you may be charged for a lost cylinder & inflator if you are unable to prove they have both been collected.
Customers who are Collecting Hire Cylinders from their local Depot
- Depots are open for collections Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. The full depot address details & opening hours are provided once an order has been confirmed. You need to collect and return the cylinder on the agreed dates on your invoice. Please notify us before the date if these need to be changed.
- We will check stock at your preferred depot upon processing your order. We can reserve cylinders a maximum of 5 days in advance of collection. For orders placed further in advance, we will check stock 5 days before your collection date. If your cylinder and or filling kit are not available from your preferred depot we will try to offer a suitable alternative and contact you to update the details.
- We advise you to collect your cylinder at least 2-3 days before your event date & that on collection you check & test the cylinder before use. Please ensure there is a blue seal on the cylinder before you accept it. When you collect your cylinder ensure the depot give you the blue filling kit inflator attachment if you require one.
- Please note the size & weight of the cylinder you have ordered. You agree to transport the cylinder in an appropriate vehicle, securely & safely. We cannot accept responsibility if the depot refuse to allow you to take the cylinder because you have arrived in an inappropriate vehicle or are unable to lift / transport the cylinder safely.
- You agree to return your cylinder by the date agreed within 28 days from the date you collected. If you need to keep your cylinder for longer please let us know so we can extend your hire and inform the depot. Hire extensions after the initial 28 days are charged at £7.46 plus VAT per week per cylinder & inflator. Rental Customers will be charged at the agreed rates.
- When returning your cylinder & inflator please ensure the depot provide you with a 'Goods Returns Supply Advice Receipt' which you need to keep - we may ask you to provide this as proof of return so it is important that you request this. Please ensure you contact us whilst you are at the depot if they aren't able to do this or they can’t find your details on the system, otherwise you may be charged for a lost cylinder & inflator if you are unable to prove you have returned them.
Disposable Helium Terms & Conditions
General Terms for Disposable Cylinders (Disposable 30 & Disposable 50)
- By placing an order you agree to read & follow the advice given on the Safety Advice & Operational Instructions information that is provided & any instructions on the box that your cylinder will arrive in. You need to ensure that this is made available & followed by all who will use the cylinder.
- The number of balloons your helium cylinder inflates is given as an approximate guide only & depends on the balloon size, type and quality, conditions, inflation method, allowance for wastage, leakage & over inflation. Please remember latex balloons will stay inflated for approximately 8-10 hours so we recommend you inflate them just before your event. Foil balloons stay inflated for approximately 3-4 days.
- We offer deliveries by courier to most UK addresses Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. We can not accept responsibility for failed or delayed deliveries where incomplete or incorrect address details have been provided & no compensation can be offered.
- We advise you to order your cylinder so that it arrives at least 2-3 days before your event date & that on delivery you check & test the cylinder before use. If your cylinder has not arrived when you expect it, please contact us as soon as possible so we can follow this up with the courier company.
- We offer three delivery options: UK Mainland Delivery (Free), UK Mainland Next Working Day Delivery (£2.95) and Highlands & Islands Delivery (£9.95).
- UK Mainland Delivery will usually take 1-2 working days to arrive, however this is not a guaranteed service & no compensation can be offered if there are unforeseen delays with our third party courier.
- UK Mainland Next Working Day Delivery will arrive the next working day if your order is placed by 5pm Monday to Friday unless we contact you to inform you that this timescale is not possible. If your cylinder does not arrive (or delivery attempted) on the next working day due to unforeseen delays with our courier we will refund the £2.95 you paid for this delivery service upgrade. If because of the delay you no longer require the cylinder, you will need to refuse the delivery when it is attempted so that the cylinder is returned to us or we can arrange for our courier to collect the cylinder. The box must be returned unopened & sealed so that we can offer you a full refund including the £2.95 delivery you paid.
- Highlands & Islands Delivery includes postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50 & ZE and usually takes between 1-3 working days. Please ensure you order your cylinder in plenty of time as this is not a guaranteed service & no compensation can be offered if there are unforeseen delays with our third party courier.
- We are not able to deliver Disposable Cylinders to the following areas: Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Man (IM), Isles of Scilly (TR21-25) or the Channel Islands (JE & GY).
- Deliveries can take place any time throughout the working day but we are unable to request specific time slots. Our courier may require a signature at the address at the time of delivery. Any alternative delivery instructions you provide can be requested but are not guaranteed, are at your own risk & at the discretion of the delivery driver. If delivery fails, the courier will either attempt to redeliver the next working day or they will leave a card with details of where your cylinder is being held & instructions on what you need to do next to rearrange delivery or go to collect from the local delivery depot or post office.
- When you have finished using your cylinder, you need to dispose of it safely & responsibly. We do not collect empty cylinders. We recommend that you take it to your local household waste centre or business waste centre for recycling.
- All our cylinders are checked prior to dispatch to ensure they are full of helium gas. Please note no liquid can be heard in the cylinders. However, if you believe your cylinder to be faulty you must contact us within 2 days from delivery. We may ask you to send the cylinder back to us at your own expense so we can send it to our manufacturer for testing. We do not arrange collection of the cylinders in this case. Please note we are unable to investigate with our supplier or offer any compensation for claims made after this time or if you fail to follow the operational & inflation instructions provided.
- As per distance selling regulations, if you decide you no longer require your helium cylinder, it must be returned to us at your own expense with the delivery box unopened and sealed. If we believe the box has been opened, we can not accept any returns due to health & safety. We will refund the cost of the cylinder minus any delivery charge paid.
- Do not deliberately inhale helium. This could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs.
- You agree to transport the cylinder in an appropriate vehicle, securely & safely. Please ensure cylinders are stored upright in well ventilated areas, at room temperature & away from direct heat. Keep cylinders away from children at all times.
- Never open the cylinder valve tap without fitting the inflator nozzle first. Once the inflator is connected, open the valve slowly.
- Never use equipment which may be damaged. Under no circumstances attempt to repair any item of equipment.
- We would recommend you wear eye protection when using a cylinder. As the cylinders are pressurised containers they must not be transported in an aircraft. Operational Instructions.
- Take your cylinder out of the box. Check that the rubber inflator nozzle is attached to the cylinder. If this is packaged loose in the box, attach it to the cylinder by screwing on in a clockwise direction.
- Turn the tap at the top of the cylinder anti-clockwise slowly to open the helium tank valve. No gas will disperse at this point.
- Place your balloon neck over the inflator nozzle making sure there is a snug fit so no helium can escape. Always point the balloon and inflator nozzle away from you.
- Hold the balloon neck firmly on the nozzle and gently press the nozzle up, down or sideways to release the helium.
- Release the pressure on the nozzle to stop inflation and remove the balloon taking care not to let any helium escape.
- When you have finished inflating balloons, close the valve by turning the tap clockwise and store the tank in the box.
- Once you have used all the helium in the tank, please take it to your local steel recycling centre following the disposal instructions on the box.